Call on the Minister for Agriculture, Barnaby Joyce MP to stand up for Australian animals and farmers and end the live export trade.
Cattle in Gaza
Cattle in Gaza
Footage uploaded onto YouTube during the Festival of Sacrifice in October 2013 revealed the horrific treatment of Australian cattle in the Gaza Strip in Palestine. It is some of the most shocking and distressing footage we have seen.
The footage documents Australian cattle:
- Tethered to poles, trees, and trucks on the streets
- Being beaten and dragged by ropes off trucks without unloading ramps
- Being dragged, man-handled and chased along streets by crowds of youths in a frenzy akin to bull running
- Being stabbed in the eyes
- Being kicked, pushed, pulled and tripped over with ropes to be forced onto the ground and under control for slaughter
- Having their necks hacked, sawn and stabbed at with blunt knives
- Being strangled by neck ropes while bleeding out
Take action now and tell Minister Barnaby Joyce it is time for the Government to use all powers available to it to show that they are serious about protecting the welfare of any animals that are exported.
The Department of Agriculture is investigating these incidents, yet the exporter or exporters implicated continue to carry on business as usual, purchasing livestock from Australian farmers for export.
One of these exporters was also the subject of two other investigations involving the sale and slaughter of thousands of Australian sheep outside of approved supply chains.