RSPCA Australia office
6 Napier Close, Deakin ACT
|Salary Range||Package of $65,000 to $76,000 per annum, including superannuation.|
|Reports to||Finance Officer|
|Location||RSPCA Australia office, 6 Napier Close Deakin ACT|
|Sector||Not for Profit|
RSPCA Australia, the federal body of the RSPCA, is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide support to the executive and Board, book travel, organise meetings and events as well as providing administrative support as required for other activities.
The role will suit someone who has exceptional organisational skills and ability to manage a variety of different demands with differing deadlines. You will have a positive attitude, strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and enjoy working with minimal supervision in a team environment. Your initiative, forward thinking and understanding of travel and meeting logistics will ensure the team movements and activities occur smoothly. A high level of confidentiality is a must and will have been demonstrated in previous positions.
Of course you will also be interested in animal welfare and be committed to playing a part in preventing cruelty to animals.
Specific responsibilities and activities include:
- Providing high-level administrative support to RSPCA Australia staff including the Chief Executive Officer, Company Secretary and Chief Science and Strategy Officer
- Arranging Board and other meetings and events, including the preparation and collation of meeting papers, booking of meeting venues,booking of travel and accommodation and reconciling invoices and payments
- Organising appointments and diary management
- Responding to general queries from the public via email and telephone, or refer such queries on to other RSPCA staff
- Booking of travel and accommodation for RSPCA Approved Farming Scheme Assessors and other staff
- Providing administrative support as required in relation to RSPCA Australia activities and Humane Food program including the RSPCA Approved Farming Scheme and communication with donors and supporters
- Collating and disseminating information to RSPCA Australia member Societies and subscribers as requested
- Ensuring information on the ‘Wisdom’ intranet facility is kept up to date
- Providing word processing and final document editing support using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software as required
- Preparing routine correspondence
- Maintaining hard copy and soft copy records
- Identifying and developing systems to improve the efficiency of RSPCA Australia administrative operations and maintain a procedure manual
- Acting as the secondary contact for reception, when the primary contact is unavailable
- Other tasks, projects and ad hoc administrative duties as directed
- Acting in such a way to protect your own health and safety and that of others.
- At least five years experience as an Executive Assistant
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to manage a variety of different demands with differing deadlines, including non-routine tasks
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the ability to deal with challenging phone conversations
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, employ initiative to find solutions, prioritise and exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to liaise at an executive level and work under pressure
- Experience in the booking of travel, accommodation and venues, including invoice and payment reconciliation
- A ‘customer service’ attitude
- High level competency in Microsoft Word and Outlook and Excel
- A ‘team player’
- An interest in animal welfare
- A current driver’s licence
Salary: Package of $65,000- $76,000 per annum, including superannuation
Start date: RSPCA Australia seeking someone who can start immediately, however will negotiate a later start date for the right candidate is
Please email a copy of your CV along with a document addressing each of the selection criteria and a cover letter introducing yourself and outlining why you are the right person for this job to email@example.com with ‘Confidential – Executive Assistant application’ in the subject line.
Applications close midday Monday 4 December 2017