The RSPCA receives thousands of animals every year in every State and Territory in Australia. Statistics on the numbers of animals received, reclaimed or rehomed are compiled on a national basis by RSPCA Australia and published annually on this website.
The statistics also include the number of cruelty complaints investigated by the RSPCA inspectorate and prosecutions undertaken under animal welfare laws.
Detailed information is provided on:
- Animals received nationally by the RSPCA
- Comparison of animals received over the past 5 years
- Reasons for euthanasia of dogs and cats
- Cruelty complaints and prosecutions by state/territory RSPCA
- National complaints, prosecutions and convictions over the past 5 years