NOTE: RSPCA Australia is opposed to the farming of ratites. See our policy on handling, husbandry and management of farm animals.
NOTE: RSPCA Australia is opposed to the killing of wild animals for commercial purposes (unless this meets specific criteria) and to the farming of animals taken from the wild, due to the risk of pain, injury or distress arising from the capture, transport, handling and long-term confinement of these animals. See our policy on the utilisation of wild animals.
- RSPCA Policy Management of wild animals
- RSPCA Policy Utilisation of wild animals
- RSPCA Policy Handling, husbandry and management of farm animals
- RSPCA Knowledgebase What is the RSPCA’s view on the farming of wild animals?
- RSPCA Knowledgebase What is the RSPCA’s view on killing animals for their fur and skin?